About the Program
As established on January 9, 2018 by Council Resolution 18-004, the Outstanding Citizen Award Program is founded on the importance of recognizing Lafourche Parish residents for extraordinary accomplishments, heroic and courageous efforts and selfless service and deeds that improve the lives of residents.
Lafourche Parish “Outstanding Citizen Award” nomination criteria:
- The nominee must be a resident of, or an employee working in Lafourche
- Nominations may be made by any Lafourche Parish resident.
- Submissions must be made on the provided nomination form; the nominations must include a statement by the nominator explaining why the nominee is worthy of the award; the nomination must also include adequate supporting documents (if available and/or pertinent) to substantiate the effects and conditions under which they occurred (official reports, stories, news articles, etc. may be included).
- Nominations may be made at any time. There is no deadline for submittals. If in the judgement of the committee, the nomination is incomplete or not adequately substantiated, it will be returned to the nominator for further information and re-submission; to receive additional consideration, it must be resubmitted within thirty (30) days.
- Nomination forms can be downloaded from the link below and are to be submitted as follows:
Email to: email@example.com
Mail or hand-carry to:
Outstanding Citizen Award Committee
Attention: Lafourche Parish Council Clerk
402 Green Street
Thibodaux, La. 70301
Completed nomination forms and supporting attachments can also be scanned as a single PDF document and uploaded using the form below. Please note the upload size limit of 5MB.