Every building project (large or small) needs a permit, and there is a fee associated with every permit application. Follow the steps below to put together your application packet, or call (985) 537-7603 for assistance.
Every permit application starts here. Please fill out as much of the form as you can, print it and sign.
Submit Permits Online
Below is a checklist for each type of permit we offer. Click on the appropriate permit type to download the checklist. You can obtain all the information on the checklist BEFORE you have to come in to the permit office.
** NOTICE: Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Requirements (effective Feb 1, 2018) **
Residential Permit Checklists
- New Residential, Renovations or Additions
- Manufactured Homes (Trailers)
- Modular Homes
- Residential Moved or Raised House
- R.V. Campers
- Inground Swimming Pools
- Solar Panels
- Open Carport or Patio
- Storage Shed (Built On-Site)
- Storage Shed (Metal Built On-Site)
- Storage Shed (Pre-Fabricated)
Commercial Permit Checklists
- New Commercial, Renovations or Additions
- Commercial Industrialized Modular Building
- Commercial Build-Out In Existing Building, Strip Mall
- Cell Towers
Trade Permit Checklists
- Residential Trade Permit (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing etc.)
- Residential Trade Generator Permit
- Commerical Trade Permit (Electric, Mechanical, Plumbing etc.)
- Commerical Generator Trade Permit
Some Permit Checklists may require additional forms to supplement the permit application. Please print, fill out and sign the appropriate form below as per your permit checklist.
- B-Zone/C-Zone Affidavit
- Subcontractor / Supplier List
- Mobile Home Placement Affidavit
- Mobile Home Tie Down Affidavit
- R.V. Affidavit Floodplain
- R.V. Placement Affidavit
- Address Verification Request Form
- 911 Addressing Sketch
- Site Plan
- Affidavit Claiming Exemption From Licensure
If you cannot find the appropriate permit above, need help selecting the proper type of permit, or want to know the fee associated with a certain type of permit, please contact the Lafourche Parish Government Permit Office at (985) 537-7603.
All permit application packets should be turned in at our Permit Office located at the Mathews Government Complex, 4876 Highway 1, Mathews, LA 70375.
Looking for Other Permits?
Coastal Zone Management
Grants & Economic Development