Lafourche Parish utilizes computer hurricane tracking software, video surveillance, and decision-making tools to plan for each storm event. Emergency personnel attend regional conference calls to coordinate a unified response to storms that threaten Lafourche and the Louisiana Coast. During a declared emergency, the Lafourche Parish Emergency Operations Center is staffed 24 hours a day.
Download our two-page Emergency Quick Reference Guide to keep important emergency info at your fingertips.
- Lafourche Parish Government - Emergency Operations Center
- (985) 537-7603 or (800) 794-3160
- City of Thibodaux (City Hall)
- (985) 446-7218
- City of Thibodaux (Police Department)
- (985) 446-5021
- Town of Lockport (Town Hall)
- (985) 532-3117
- Town of Lockport (Police Department)
- (985) 532-9799
- Town of Golden Meadow (Town Hall)
- (985) 475-5212
- Town of Golden Meadow (Police Department)
- (985) 475-5163
- Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office
- (985) 532-2255 or (985) 449-2255
- Louisiana State Police - Troop C
- (985) 857-3683
- Fire Protection
- Consult our Fire Station Directory for specific contact numbers for the fire department serving your area.
- Department of Health & Hospitals
- (985) 447-0916
- BISCO (Bayou Interfaith Shared Community Organizing)
- (985) 446-5364
- Port Fourchon (Administrative Office)
- (985) 632-6701
- Port Fourchon (Harbor Police)
- (985) 396-2750
- (985) 526-3647 Lafourche Crossing & North
- (985) 532-4023 Lafourche Crossing & South
- (800) 368-3749 Toll-Free to Report Outages
- Sandbag Locations
- Thibodaux Field Office - 2565 Veterans Blvd, Thibodaux
- Raceland Field Office - 129 Texas Street, Raceland
- Lockport Field Office - 6236 Hwy 308, Lockport
- Galliano/Cut Off Field Office - 128 West 97th Street, Cut Off
- Bayou Blue Field Office - 104 Myrtle Place, Houma
- Choctaw Field Office - 122 Choctaw Barn Road, Thibodaux
Lafourche Parish Government issues press releases and emergency updates using local media and the Lafourche Parish Government website. Stay tuned to local television stations, listen to the radio or check the Internet as often as possible for official news and instructions as they become available.
Other sources for hurricane forecasts and local conditions include:
On the Web...
On the Radio...
- 100.3 FM "The Ragin' Cajun" (Larose)
- 870 AM WWL Radio (New Orleans)
- 96.7 FM KCIL (Houma)
- 106.3 FM KXOR (Houma)