About the Grants and Economic Development Department:
The Grants and Economic Development Department’s mission is to not only facilitate economic and community development in Lafourche Parish, but also assist in developing a resilient and sustainable economy that will benefit Lafourche Parish residents and the State of Louisiana. To accomplish this mission, the Grants and Economic Development Department is committed to working with small and large business owners, non-profit groups and individual citizens to expand the local economy and address “quality of life” issues. Economic and community development are “broad concepts” that require the department to address a variety of issues (public infrastructure, workforce development, public safety, housing, education, etc) in order to impact the parish’s economy and community amenities.
Goals of Grants and Economic Development:
- Plan and implement a grant funding program that identifies strategic grant funds to:
- Improve Industrial infrastructure to support existing industry and to attract to industry, which will lead to a diversified economy;
- Secure avenues to business capital for industrial building and equipment;
- Increase skill level of current workforce;
- Increase job opportunities and per capita income thus reducing poverty level;
- Provide increase business capital for business start-ups;
- Address urgent needs of business and citizens after a disaster.
- Provide technical assistance to individuals/groups preparing a grant application and assistance area.