** Click HERE to access Press Releases from 2013 and prior. **
Household Hazardous Materials Collection Day Scheduled for March 28th, 2020
Household Hazardous Materials Collection Day Scheduled for Saturday, March 28th, 2020
In an effort to help keep Lafourche Parish clean, Lafourche Parish Government will conduct a Household Hazardous Materials Collection Day for Lafourche Parish residents on Saturday, March 28th, 2020.
The collection will take place between 8:00 A.M. and noon in the Lafourche Parish Government Complex parking lot located at 4876 La. Hwy 1, Mathews, La., which is just south of Central Lafourche High School and Wal Mart in Mathews.
THIS IS A RESIDENTIAL-ONLY COLLECTION. Items generated by commercial businesses are strictly prohibited and will not be accepted. Residents will be required to show proof of residency in Lafourche Parish (current month water or electric bill is acceptable).
Acceptable items include the following:
- Household Products (oven cleaners, corrosive cleaners, cleaning solvents, toilet & drain cleaners, bleach, degreasers, disinfectants, polishes, aerosol cans, cooking oil, glue, mothballs and pool chemicals)
- Paints (oil-based & latex paints, stains & varnishes, paint thinners, turpentine, wood preservatives and arsenic)
- Electronic Equipment (televisions, stereos, computers, copiers, cell phones, fax machines and ink cartridges)
- Automotive Products (automobile tires (strictly limited to 5 per participant), used oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, diesel, and oil & fuel filters)
- Lawn & Garden Products: (herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, fertilizer and bug sprays)
- Batteries (NiCad, lead acid, alkaline and rechargeable)
- Flammables (propane tanks and lighter fluid)
- Miscellaneous (acids, metallic mercury, fluorescent tubes & compact fluorescent bulbs)
Items that will NOT be accepted include ammunition, explosives, fireworks, fire extinguishers, appliances, furniture, power tools, radioactive devices (smoke/fire detectors), large gas cylinders (such as helium, Freon or acetylene), Styrofoam, construction/demolition debris, school lab waste and liquids in containers larger than five gallons.
For more information on the Household Hazardous Materials Collection Day:
Lafourche Parish Government Office of Solid Waste at (985) 573-7603 or toll-free at 1-800-794-3160.