Invitation to Bidders - Veterinarian Services for the Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter
- Date: 10/19/2017 5:00 PM
- Location: Mathews Government Complex
4876 Hwy 1
Mathews, Louisiana 70375
Lafourche Parish Government is accepting quotes for Veterinarian Services on an as-needed basis for the Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter. This is for a six-month contract (January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018) with the Parish, with an option for a second six months. Services rendered shall include but are not limited to:
- Basic treatment and vaccination of animals in the care of the Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter
- Other services that may be needed at the discretion of LPAS staff
- Examination of sick or injured animals in the care of the Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter, including emergency care
- Spaying and neutering of shelter animals
- Boarding and observation of animals when necessary
- Visits to the Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter when necessary
- Euthanizing animals
- Instructing and monitoring Animal Control Officers and Shelter Staff on disease control protocol as recommended by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Issuing health certificates for transporting
- Representation of the LPAS (Media, Regulatory, and/or Compliance) in a professional manner if or when needed
- Providing certificates to Lafourche Parish Government which meet all Parish insurance requirements as called for in the Request For Proposals, including, but not limited to:
- Workers’ Compensation, as required by statute, and Employee’s Liability Insurance, $1,000,000 limits
- Automobile Liability Insurance, $1,000,000 limit, covering owned vehicles, leased, non-owed and hired vehicles
- Commercial General Liability insurance, $1,000,000 limit, covering 3rd party bodily injury and property damage.
- Professional Liability insurance, $1,000,000 limit
If your office is interested in contracting with Lafourche Parish Government to provide this service, please submit your written quote, including individual price quote, suitable information to convey your qualifications and experience, Louisiana Veterinarian license, and required proof of insurance to Lafourche Parish Government, ATTN: Community Services Department, P.O. Box 425, Mathews, LA 70375 by 5:00 pm on October 19, 2017. Lafourche Parish Government reserves the right to reject any and all quotes and the right to disregard all nonconforming or conditional quotes or counter quotes.
To request a full detailed packet of the insurance requirements, service/price quotes, or for further information and/or concerns about these services, please contact Hilary Knight, Animal Shelter Manager, at (985) 446-3532.
To Daily Comet – September 29, 2017